Saturday, February 16, 2008

M.M.






Let your imaginations go wild!!

For Aaron's birthday, Angela and Randy gave him concert tickets, so Aaron and I, Angela and Randy and Gina went to the concert on Friday night at the Great Saltair, It was tons of fun.

I feel like I am pretty educated when it comes to music, and I have actually been to quite a few concerts...but none like this! We literally could not move there were so many thousands of people there, but that is part of why it was so much fun. Aaron had his arms around me the whole time so we wouldn't lose each other.

The concerts that I usually go to are a little more mainstream. I haven't been to a GA concert in a huge venue since Jr. High school I went to "Love & Rockets" up at "The Canyons." The Canyons, that is what is is called now, it was previously known as "Wolf Mountain," and before that it was called something else, but I can't remember what. Actually this venue is where I have had most of my concert experiences, including, but not limited to: Love & Rockets, James Taylor, Dave Matthews and some others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Back in the day it was GA, but after all kinds of "accidents" they rebuilt it and made it reserved and GA. The GA is up on the hill above the reserved, but you can't do much on the hill but sit, it's too steep.

The last concert that I went to with thousands of people was a Tina Turner concert in May of 2000 at the "Delta Center" (now the "Energy Solutions Arena") And the only reason I went to that concert was because Lionel Richie (My all time favorite of all time....LOVE HIM) was opening. But, reserved seating. Alanis Morissette was another huge one, but again reserved seating. The GA concerts that I do go to are usually at pretty small venues, like the old DV8 (that recently burned down) so needless to say, this was an experience.

One thing that was extremely awesome about the night was that Aaron and I were hanging out by the door for the last song. As soon as it ended, we busted it so fast, and we were seriously about the fourth car out of the lot! It was wonderful not to have to fight that traffic.

6 comments:

Ms. Karlyn said...

I know, I know...I didn't put what concert it was. That is for me to know and you to find out. It may surprise you to know.

A hint: The title of the post!

Valerie said...

I am glad you all had a great time... I bet people watching was just as fun as the band... what you could see anyway since it was so crowded.

Aaron Salazar said...

In the post it sounds like we actually busted the door we were standing by. I assure you we did not. Karlyn, in her 90's lingo meant to say that we rushed out. ;)

spandexisin said...

Oh my goodness gracious you went to the Eminem concert. You guys are all rebels without a cause!!!!

Only joking with you....Umm, I went with you to the concert. I will definately keep the Marilyn Manson concert a secret.... Rock On!!!!

By the way this is Ang

Ms. Karlyn said...

Spandexisin? Nice!

Lady Cordelia said...

.:*jealousy*:. I wish I coulda gone. sure, so maybe I was born in the 90s, but I can still love Marilyn right?