Friday, September 18, 2009

Karlyn

Some may say, including myself (please don't tell my mother), that it is spelled wrong. Technically it is.

Most of you that read my blog know me, so you know how my name is pronounced.


Some of you know me through my blog and facebook and such, but might not know how my name is actually pronounced. You probably think you are saying it correctly.

There are some that read my blog that don't know me at all and most likely assume that it is pronounced differently than it actually is.

So, I thought I would clear this up!


My name is pronounced

CAR

(like an automobile)

LYNN

(like Loretta)



Not;

Carolyn

Carlin

KerLoin

(that is what my HS civics teacher called me)


Caroline

Carleen

Care-lin

Care-lynn

Karalynn

Karen

nor,

Kerilynn

It is pronounced Carlynn (technically the correct spelling) So, there you have it!

MM's

1- My name
2- different (yet spelled correctly) names
3- that it doesn't bother me when people say it wrong. Really it doesn't.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Dare I even MAKE the list of names I've been called? Typically, it's Cor-eeen every time (yes, this morning at the endodontist, actually) but often is many of the names YOU are called, isn't that funny? It doesn't bother me either. I love my name :)

Christa said...

My name is the basis of a life long of confusion and wrong names.
Christina
Crystal
Kristen
Listen people, my mother named me after a FAMOUS person from The same year I was born! Christa McCauliff... yes that's right the teacher who died in the Challenger Explosion. Her daughters name was Caroline, hence my middle name, and my daughters name.
It isn't spelled with a K, just a C, or a Y.... it's spelled Christ... with an A.
I thought my daughters names were readable... until we went to the doctor and Cordelia (pronounced exactly as spelled... but to get techincal Core Deal Yuh) always becomes, Cordella, Cornelius, and the god forsaken "Cordy." I even gave Cordelia an nickname to make it easier, it's on every single piece of paper that has her real name on it "Cora."
Caroline becomes Carolynn, Carrie, and Cara.
Now I'm worried Corinne, that's the new baby's name. Oh and do people tell you that it's spelled wrong? I've gotten that like 100 times already.