Friday, September 25, 2009

The Shhh word

This is a conversation Teague and I had recently


TEAGUE:
(happily)
Mom, I gotta go poo really bad, so can I say the Shhh (said as if telling some one to 'be quiet.") word?

ME:
(shocked. However, trying not to laugh)
What? No, you may not say the Shhh word.

TEAGUE:
Why?

ME:
Because it is a bad word and we shouldn't say it.

TEAGUE:
(begging)
But mom, I gotta go poo really bad...so can I just say the Shhh word?

ME:
(firmly)
NO!

TEAGUE:
(with urgency)
Please mom, I gotta go poo really, really bad, so I gotta say it!

ME:
(matter of factly)
No Teague! Please don't say that word.

TEAGUE:
(disappointed)
Awe man!

MM's
1- Wondering where he heard that word, when actually....I know.
2- It's funny he ask me
3- That he didn't actually say it
4- That it would have been hysterical if he did
5- the word poo

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Kids?! Listen to everything!
Thanks for making me laugh.

LL said...

LET HIM SAY IT! :)
just kidding. it slips out of my mouth every once in a great while.
I use to say it more, until I heard my two year old say it when his block tower fell over.
HA!